Careers at Badger
We're on to something good here at Badger! Generous benefits package. Flexible working hours. Fun working environment. Babies at work. Daily free organic lunches. And that's just for starters. We don't just feel passionate about our work; we pour passion into our work. And it shows in every aspect of the way we do business … from the innovative products we make, to the way we treat each other, to the people we serve. We're also a certified Benefit Corporation, which means we meet rigorous standards of transparency as well as social and environmental performance.
If you have strong work habits, skills ,and abilities, a passion for doing the right thing, and a desire to help us grow gracefully while staying true to our mission and principles, then you belong here.
W.S. Badger Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors.
See a position that you're interested in? Tell us all about yourself in a resume and cover letter. Not finding the perfect fit right now? Send us your information anyway. We'll keep it on file for a future opening.
Apply Online: Click here to fill out the online application. You'll have the option to upload your resume and cover letter.
Apply by Mail: Download our application and mail it in with your resume and cover letter to: W.S. Badger Company, Human Resources, PO Box 58, Gilsum, NH 03448
No walk-in applications please.
Available Positions - Click each to learn more.
Position Title: Seasonal Customer Service Representative
Reports to: Customer Service Supervisor
SUMMARY: The Customer Service Representative supports the W.S. Badger Co. mission statement and principles by providing excellent customer service through servicing of incoming calls and accurate processing of orders. The Customer Service Representative supports the smooth function of the customer service department. By being knowledgeable, animated and considerate, you are a “voice of the Badger” and represent the company in the most correct and positive light.
• Answer incoming calls in a timely manner.
• Route incoming calls to the appropriate person or department.
• Communicate pertinent information to callers including product specials and new products; this will include helping guide customer product selections by educating them on why Badger is so good and what set-up would be best for their store.
• Assist callers with any and all questions, concerns, or issues.
• Take live orders over the telephone and enter into Syspro and the web portal.
• Use product and company knowledge to assist callers with their orders.
• Enter orders that have been faxed, e-mailed or mailed in as needed.
• Process simple credits over the telephone into Syspro.
Outgoing Calls/ Email:
• Contact customers as needed to follow-up on orders.
• Respond to customer emails as needed.
General Customer Service Support:
• Keep up-to-date and current about Badger products and ingredients through programmed and self guided trainings.
• Help to follow up on order questions as needed.
• Answer voicemails as required.
• Filing electronic orders appropriately.
• Mailing Catalogs as needed.
• Mailing marketing materials as needed.
• Participating and understanding PCI compliance guidelines.
Other Responsibilities as required and assigned by the Customer Service Supervisor
• Knowledge of natural products and Badger products very helpful.
• Administrative and research skills will come in handy too.
• Customer Service or Retail experience preferred
• Strong Computer skills required, including Windows Office, Outlook, order entry systems, databases. Strong web search skills.
• Ability and willingness to learn new computer programs as required.
• The appropriate candidate will be friendly and enjoy talking on the phone and helping to solve problems.
• Strong interpersonal skills required. Must be comfortable working as part of a team within the Customer Service Department and with the greater Badger staff.
• Excellent sense of humor preferred
• Flexibility and adaptability required.
Employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Position Title: Warehouse and Receiving Associate
Reports to: Warehouse and Receiving Supervisor
The Warehouse and Receiving Associate supports the Badger mission and principles as a member of the Operations team. The Warehouse Associate has specific responsibilities to maintain the warehouse and inventory in an efficient and safe manner.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities (Level I)
• Oversee the unloading of trucks in a safe and organized manner.
• Stock finished goods, as needed, to maintain min/max levels
• Accurately record all inventory movements in Syspro
• Accurately transfer goods from manufacturing to the warehouse and from the warehouse to bins in fulfillment
• Accurately update and maintain all bin locations within the warehouse
• Transfer packaging materials from their original cardboard outer box to a clean-space approved bin or pallet
• Understand the storage and handling requirements for all goods coming into the warehouse and process accordingly.
Additional Level II Responsibilities
• Proficient in all Level I responsibilities
• Accurately receive and labels goods to ensure accurate inventory, billing, and storage
• Print traveler document, ensure QA has time to inspect label art before Production job is scheduled to begin, and sign off on all inventory once returned.
• Following the SOP and cGMP’s pull samples from all incoming raw materials and packaging, complete paperwork following GDP and deliver to QA for processing in a timely manner.
• Effectively communicate issues for received goods to purchasing, and finance departments as needed.
• Maintain accurate and organized filing system for all inventory related paperwork.
• Coordinate with production to have packaging available according to the schedule.
• As needed deliver raw materials, packaging and finished good to the appropriate place of use and return any remaining inventory to appropriate warehouse bin.
• Run all necessary reports for accurate delivery of materials for large orders, packaging, production, and shipping
Additional Level III Responsibilities
• Proficient in all Level I and II responsibilities
• Holds specific responsibilities within the team
• Lead on sampling and QA interaction
• Backup for inspection and receipt of finished goods and raw materials.
• Actively follow up with trucking companies on late deliveries
• Proactively work to solve problems and provide feedback to the operations leadership team
• Ability to fully back-up warehouse supervisor when they are out, including scheduling and managing freight deliveries and coordinating deliveries from off-site warehouses.
• Minimum of two years of experience in Level I and II
• Stay current with Badger communication by regularly reading e-mails and posted information in the warehouse
• Attend company and department functions as requested by supervisor
• Other duties as assigned
• Observe all safety regulations and wear the appropriate safety equipment such as safety footwear, glasses, hearing protection, etc.
• Obtain a license in order to safely operate fork trucks and pallet jacks throughout the facility
EXPERIENCE/ ABILITY REQUIRED
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Excellent attention to detail
• Working knowledge of MS Office
• Quality minded
• Able to work well under pressure and short lead times
Physical requirements for the job include, but are not limited to: standing and bending; lifting, carrying up to 50 lbs.; pushing, and/or pulling a pallet-jack; grasping and reaching for objects; repeatedly throughout a typical 8 hour shift; as well as the ability to walk significant distances over the course of the day. Employee must be able to perform these essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.