To promote a healthy work environment, Badger believes in company transparency and employee empowerment. Badger works diligently to make the company a great place to work, where employees feel respected and valued, accountable to co-workers
and customers, and where communication between co-workers reflects a personal and caring approach. The following are in addition to legally mandated state and federal benefits.
- Free Lunch! Daily organic lunch served during a paid 30-minute break. Every day our fabulous cooks prepare a free, home-cooked lunch for all of the Badgers made from 100% organic and mostly local foods. During the summer months, much of the
produce we use comes right from our Badger vegetable garden!
- Health Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Badger Wellness Fund: Limited financial reimbursement
for health related expenses,including massages, sports equipment, non-qualified medical bills, etc.
- Medical Flexible Spending Account
- Long and Short Term Disability - company paid.
- Health Days - similar to 'sick' days but used when you need time off to stay healthy.
- Employee Assistance Plan - confidential, company paid, professional services to help address issues affecting personal and/or work life.
- Calendula Garden Children's Center – Conveniently located just a few miles from Badger and staffed by experienced educators, the Center was created to serve the children of Badger employees. Its mission is to provide a safe and
joyful environment for young children, one where parents feel welcomed and supported. Enrollment now includes a few children from outside the company. The facility is simple, beautiful, and mimics a home environment.
Read more here.
- Vacation Days: Including accrual and annual carry over of days.
- Life Insurance: Badger pays 100% of premium.
- Lunch and Work Breaks: Paid lunch 1/2 hour. Did we mention the free lunch we get everyday?
- Simple IRA: Badger matches a percentage of employee's contribution.
- Maternity and Paternity Leave:
Paid time off to prepare for giving birth and caring for a new baby.
- Babies at Work: On a case-by-case basis a parent may be allowed to bring their new baby to work for the first 6 months. We have had 13 babies come to work since we began this program in 2008! Learn more.
- Profit Sharing: Badger sets aside 7% of profits to share with the employee community each year. Every person working at Badger has contributed to our success.
- Employee Loan Assistance Program: Offering small loans to employees for financial emergencies.
- Free long distance telephone calls up to 10 minutes.
- Bereavement Leave and Jury Duty
- "Do-the-Right-Thing" Policy: Provides an avenue for employees to raise concerns with the assurance that they will be protected from reprisals or victimization.
- Other Great Benefits
- Flexible scheduling, inclusive and fun working environment, and truly casual dress
- Your opinions and suggestions are welcomed, and very much solicited
- Beautiful gardens and grounds, including a walking labyrinth
- New employee care package plus free product quarterly. All products are available at employee pricing throughout the year.
- Daily, free organic coffee and tea bar (with all the fixings—organic honey, natural sugar, organic milk… the good stuff)
- Pro-deals from other natural products companies such as Dean's Beans, Rishi Tea, New Chapter, Divine Chocolates, and The Orchard Bakery
- Company outings and activities
Sound like a great place to work? It is! See if we have any jobs available.